Newcastle Chambers has a significant family law practice. Our barristers appear regularly in both parenting and property matters in the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia, at Newcastle as well as Sydney and Brisbane, and regularly travel to the Wauchope, Armidale and Tamworth circuits.
Types of matters they are briefed in include but are not limited to:
- Parenting – live with/spend time with applications, parental responsibility, relocation including international relocation, Magellan cases
- Property settlements
- Spousal maintenance
- Child support
- De facto relationships
- Conciliation conferences and mediations, as well as reaching settlements by informal negotiations on the day of a court appearance or in the lead up
- Interlocutory applications
- Appeals to the Full Court
- Advising on likely outcomes and offers of settlement
BARRISTERS: Warwick Tregilgas, Greg Levick, Ian Duane, Michael Weightman, Stephen Rugendyke, Ashley Bithrey, Patrick Williams, Lauren Ticehurst, Stefan Mueller, Matthew Guyder, Alexander Gallimore.